Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Borrowing Strength...

I keep a little book by my bed titled, "Daily Reflections for Highly Effective People".  Today's first line is "Borrowing strength builds weakness."  Seems like a robbing Peter to pay Paul type of theory.  I sort of feel that way these days.  Do I take hours from the end of my day to study and got to bed really late or do I go to bed a little earlier and get up earlier.  I think for me right now the outcome is the same and until the bar exam is over in 40 days there is no alternative.

I do think in our daily lives we need to focus on not taking from Peter to pay Paul in all areas.  Taking our strength from one area of our lives for another results in weakness all around.  Rather strengthen yourself in all areas to best persevere.

I am failing a bit at my New Year's resolutions as I was determined to blog everyday and as the bar rapidly approaches that is not happening.  I will continue to work on the person I am and want to be however.  Today I am happy and content that my life is headed in a good direction.  I am moving forward and upward and I intend to stay that way.

Here's a great closing thought:

The mind is everything. What you think you become.  –Buddha

Think yourself wonderful!

No comments: