Sunday, January 4, 2015

RIP Belinda...

Today was a sad day.  Today I watched my best friend since grammer school say goodbye to her mother in law.  A woman who has been a role model for her son, a confidante to my friend and Gram to my friend's daughter who is only 4.  Her family hit home with a story of her 4 year old granddaughter who embodies the very life this woman lived.  Her granddaughter recently said to someone, "You can do it, you just have to try harder." I think that is what we all need to do.  Try harder to be patient, try harder to be accepting, try harder to be loving and most importantly try harder to be the best version of ourselves we can be.

In thinking about this wonderful woman today I am working on being more patient.  Good things are worth waiting for right?  Patience has never been one of strong suits but I am working on being a more patient version of myself.

As I continue on my journey to work on the person I am, to be the best version of myself, I am reminded of Dr. Seuss' book Oh The Places You'll Go.  The last line of the story says "Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!" I look forward to the mountains.

RIP Belinda, youve left a wonderful legacy in your family and you will live on through them.

My quote of the day is "Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be."

No comments: