Friday, January 2, 2015

Tact....

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy." - Issac Newton

This is my mantra for work.  Listen, I love that I have a job.  I love that I have a job that offers health insurance at a somewhat reasonable price, offers a 401(k), has paid time off and is in a relatively comfortable environment.  What I don't really love is the drama that expounds.  So today I am working on changing the lens through which I see the world, particularly the world I work in.  I am also working on not taking personally things that happen at work that are beyond my control.  I need to learn how to let things slide off my back.

I have 52 days until the bar exam.  My day wasn't all that bad actually.  Its a been a bit quiet and boring but I know that is all going to change come Tuesday so I am trying to enjoy the peace while I can.  If anyone has suggestions for good music to listen to at work, like good iHeart radio stations or good albums from iTunes I am very interested.  I spend about 7 hours a day with ear buds in so anything new would be welcome.

I will leave you with the quote of the day:


more Quotes

No comments: