Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yeah!!!!

I got my wheel today! I am so very excited, it has been a very good fiber week. Finished the round blanket, finished the mystery shawl which is blocking on my bedroom floor and now my wheel is here. What more can a girl ask for? :-)

I tried a bit of spinning with it this afternoon after having to put it together and I am a bit disgruntled as it was way more difficult to get a nice even yarn than I was expecting but I quickly got the hang of spinning with a drop spindle so I think I will master the wheel as well. Im gonna try to take it to SnB tomorrow morning for some spinning lessons with Jenny :-)

I have also joined a yahoo group that knits for charity. Got a lot going on and need the distraction of helping others. So far I have used up some left over bits to make a few squares. It mindless and distracting which is exactly what I was going for.

I have done a few more rows on the Anniversary Shawl and have about 10 left til I can go on to the next clue. There are 96 rows in that clue then on to the border so maybe another month or so. The rounds are over 500 stitches long so they take a bit. I loved doing the lace but the round stuff is killing me. I think Ill stick with end to end rectangles :-)

No comments: