Thursday, July 3, 2008

Enablers

So I guess the karma that you get for being a yarn-y enabler is having the others around you also become enablers in my fiber demise :-) I have taken the plunge and am purchasing my first spinning wheel! I started spinning a few months ago with a drop spindle and I love it but its time to upgrade already. I will not give up on my beautiful turkish spindle but Im looking forward to learning more.

My latest handspun :-) About 250 yards here from 2 ozs of handpainted I got at Spinners Guild. I still have 2 oz left and hoping to make a camisole top when Im done :-)

A close up of my yarn. Isnt it pretty? :-)

And here is my beautiful turkish spindle I got at guild. I am spinning some beautiful silvery grey bamboo that is unbelievabley soft. Im not sure if Im gonna ply this or what.

And I have stuck to my guns. I have gotten yarny good stuff in the mail but havent cast on anything new! I finished the socks and am working on the border for the Spring Mystery Shawl. Im about a third into clue 3 of the Anniversay mystery shawl and the slippers went inot hibernation for a bit. The cardigan body is done and Im about a quarter down the first sleeve. Forgot about my round baby blanket ;-) I have less than half a skein left and when its gone the blankets done :-)

On the work front, I am cleared back to full duty and will be starting overnights as of Saturdat so should have some funny stories soon!

No comments: