Saturday, June 21, 2008

Forget Bridezilla it was more like Maid of Honor-zilla

So today was my friend's wedding. Best friends in high school that drifted apart and are now back together but in my mind a bit strained over before. Anyway, today was her wedding and it was a fabulous event save for the maid of honor. She is a sweet girl but is very young and has never been in a wedding before and had no idea the duties of being a maid of honor. And although she asked she rarely liked the answers. Made for a difficult few weeks in planning this event but all in all it was a beautiful day, my friend looked spectacular and it went off without a hitch.

On the knitting front I am attacking a few projects, which seems to be my trend. I would love to be a monogamous knitter but the satisfaction I get from finishing 6 projects in one week cant be ignored :-) Of course it takes 6 weeks or more to get there but I get there! I am finishing the Goddess Knits (check her stuff out) Spring Mystery Shawl and just started her Anniversary Shawl. Also finishing up a baby cardiagn (a for the heck of it one), a pair of fingerless mitts out of my first handspun, socks for my lil man and slippers for a girl at work. Oh and a sweater for my sister for Christmas, plus sachets for everyone else's Christmas presents. I dont think I have any sachets on the needles at this point but thats something I need to get crackin on :-)

Also working on my niece's bedroom set for her 2nd birthday present. She is getting sheets, shams, pillow cases and throw pillows in a pink John Deere print that is adorable. Her whole room is being done in this print. :-)

I think that is most of my overwhelming pile of projects. Most everything else is waiting for me to catch up with my self. Nothing else goes onn the needles until stuff is finished I swear!

No comments: