Friday, July 11, 2008

Knitting, Drunks and Other Drama

Im getting a wheel!!!! I have been enable by divinebird and tezcatlipoca and I bought an older Babe wheel off the internet. I cant wait for it to get here! Pics will be posted as soon as it does. I am still cranking along on the 4 oz of handpainted I got from the quild meeting at the beginning of June (I think). My mom has apparently fallen in love with it and now I am in the process of finding something I can knit for her with it.

I have a major case of startitis. I want something new but I have made a pact with myself that there will be nothing new so I am still cruisin along on the Goddess Knits Anniversary Shawl. Im a bit behind, still on clue 3 and I think clue 5 comes out this Saturday. Oh well, Ill get it done. Im done with one short edge of border on the Spring Mystery Shawl and about 1/4 up one long side. Once this long side is done I may cast on the Wallaby I want to make for my niece for Christmas. I bought pink camo yarn and am psyched to do this for her.

The round/pinwheel blanket is almost done. I am putting a crocheted lace edging on it. Tomorrow is the big sale at Creative Fibers so I can get the rest of the yarn I need for it and hopefully some other yarny good stuff.

Im finally back to work and trying my hand at overnights. I did them about 5 years ago but none consistently since then. My little yarn elf was fabulous today, letting me sleep for almost 3 hours and doing chores without being asked! Who said bribery isnt a good way to raise kids? :-) He was promised a movie (WALL-E) if he was super-good this week and let me sleep. So far he has earned it.

My very first call back on the road was for a 21 year old drunk who told family "I want to die". Unsuccessful and in the purple pod at Hartford. Both of my shifts have been completely uneventful and I hope this one continues in that direction as it is now 1 am. I am trying hard to be a real overnight person who stays up all night and sleeps all day. Obviously difficult with the yarn elf running around. Not too bad tho.

Maybe this night thing will leave me with mroe time to blog :-)

2 comments:

Tezcatlipoca98 said...

What is a Purple Pod?
Do you guys like blueberries?

ladymedic said...

LOL, my bad on EMS lingo.... The Purple Pod at Hartford Hospital is where the psych patients go :-) Each area in the ER there has a color: red(real bad trauma yuckies)green, blue, purple, gold and I think thats it. It is how they triage patients. And blueberries are awesome. So was you're bread YUM!!!