Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rant

So I am a slacker that hasn't blogged in almost a month. Oops!

I am still chugging away at the Goddess Knits Anniversary Shawl. I am on row 12 of 96 of the final clue. Then edging.

Here is the Wallaby for my niece. Coming along well and should be done for Christmas.
0804080316.jpg

I am also still chugging away on the sweater for my sister and a few other miscellaneous Christmas gifts. I signed up to start Mystery Stole 4 and will probably hibernate the Anniversary Shawl during that time.

On the work front, I currently have no regular partner which usually means a decent person who I like works with me. Tonight is an exception. Not a bad woman just a strain on me. She tries my patience and my love for my job. I have found in this career that the person you work with tends to rub off on you, in both positive and negative ways. I almost always mirror the attitude of my partner. Now I'm not sure whether that is a character flaw on my part or simply the nature of being human but the problems arise for me when I pick up negative habits. My partner tonight has a tendency to be irritable and snippy with patients, family and staff. I struggle most days to keep a smile on my face as I deal with people in the most difficult and at times scariest situations they have been in. It is my job to stay calm, collected and make order out of the chaos I have been sent to. This particular co-worker makes that difficult as she frequently professes how much she hates people and yet, here she is working with people. Her career choice boggles my mind. So far we have had only one patient so as long as the night continues in this fashion I should make it til tomorrow morning with no major mishaps! Hope I didn't jinx myself :-)

The shoulder is doing better, sore tonight for some reason. Maybe its a psychosomatic fear of PT in the am that is doing it. I keep reaching wrong too which isn't helping. I missed an appt with the surgeon last week that I am going to chalk up to a major brain fart during the mourning of my uncle. Hopefully they wont give me too much of a hassle and also in my defense they never called me to confirm the appt. Oh well, blame all around I suppose.

Time for a rest, maybe another round on the Anniversary Shawl. A funny time to try to sleep. I bet if I do a call comes in!

No comments: