Monday, July 26, 2010

Law School Begins......

So it starts......

Got my Orientation Packet from school. Has my first reading assignment and my first legal research and writing assignment. Is it sick that I am really excited? Orientation starts August 18th and classes start the 23rd.

I started the reading and we are researching a fictional case of discrimination against a disabled young man and his parents who are trying to purchase a home in a 55 and over community. Its interesting reading and I am looking forward to my classmates interpretations.

On the knitting front, I am about 15 rows from finishing a stole I started in Aug of 2008. Time to get it of the needles. Started a baby sweater for my guy's sister and have about 12 rows left on that. Also have a pair of socks I am working on but my brain is so overwhelmed with work stuff that I can focus on TsockTsarina Tsocks right now.

On the work front I am waiting for the outcome from a Loudermill hearing last week. Yes my boss is trying to fire me. I am still at a loss how this could even be happening. I have no history of discipline and no previous medical control problems. But now I am under a microscope and there is a good chance I will be fired. My lawyer seems positive we would win at arbitration but I am skeptical. I am determined to post a bit more often to journal my law school experience so I will update again soon.

No comments: