Saturday, April 16, 2011

Such a bad blogger.....

I really should be better about blogging. Law school has taken so much out of me that it is virtually impossible. I am taking a break from finals studying to write this post.

On the knitting front I did a lot of gift knitting this winter and haven't gotten as much done otherwise as I would have liked. I did finish a great raglan top down short sleeve tee in Feb and have a few other things on the needles. On the hunt for good brainless projects I can do while I read and hoping I can clean up some stuff over the summer. Finished this lace shawl right before Christmas as well.




On the work front I was fired in August of 2010. Definitely the most devastating event of my life I think. I have never been fired from a job before and there are no words to describe the feeling I had. After 10 months of soul searching and debating I had finally decided to settle with my employer to avoid arbitration and not seek a return to work when the heavens moved for me and they fired the moron who fired me. The attorney called and said "I think you want your job back." Now after all this time I am just waiting on an agreement that details what is going to be required by medical control to go back to work. Such a nerve racking and amazing thing. I feel validated that I was wrongly terminated. Now the difficult decision of whether I pursue further action against my employer at some time in the future....

My mom has always told me that things happen for a reason and her theory is I was fired to allow me to put my all into my first year of law school and be completely prepared for my second year. I am looking forward to continuing to move forward with my life, career and pending career change.

No comments: