Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Knitting

So I am determined to finish a pair of socks for my mother for Christmas. And these are not just any socks. These are knee high, cabled socks from hell.

The Treetop Socks from Knitty have turned out to be a challenging but not impossible project. The charts leave a bit to be desired but I am relatively certain that the designer is working on correcting the issues. I am knitting these socks on size 1 circs and using handspun yarn from Twist of Fate Spinnery right here in Ct. I believe the yarn is an alpaca merino blend and it is very soft. I am really happy with how they are turning out and hope I can finish in time. I am at the gussets for both socks so fingers crossed.

I am also working on some washcloths for everyone that will be paired with soaps from Bayberry Meadows (find her on Etsy). Looking forward to giving the handmade gifts!

No comments: