Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Girl and A Gun...

Today I am working on making a new life and maybe some new friends.  Today I went shooting with a group that I've never met.  Not only was this outside my comfort range in the social context but to go shooting basically alone was big for me.  Shooting is a hobby I have enjoyed for a long time but always with other people to lean on.  While I knew there would be people to help me if I needed it, I didn't know any of them and I was very  nervous about looking silly.  It was a wonderful experience.  The women I met were fantastic and so empowered, it was amazing.  I cant wait for my next opportunity to shoot with them.

50 days until the bar exam...

Still working on patience as well which I severely lack.  My family has faced some rather trying events in the last few months and my patience in handling them could use some work.  I struggle with living under my parents' roof again...a place I haven't lived since I was 18.  I struggle with the boundaries and the level of respect we all owe each other.  I know its only for a short time while I get through the bar exam so I am doing my best in managing my emotions.

I think today's daily quote is perfect:


more Quotes

Off I go to conquer myself!

No comments: